The Daylesford Bulldogs are a proud club, with a history of nearly 100 years. After many years of playing in several leagues ranging from the Clunes Football League to the Castlemaine Football League, Daylesford joined, for the second time, the Ballarat Football League in 1952. Over this period, the Demons, as Daylesford were formerly known, managed to win only one senior premiership, which was under the legendary Jim Gull in 1961. Over the last 40 years the club experienced various positions, including wooden spooners to preliminary finalists, but were never able to rekindle that premiership glory.
After over a decade of struggling to compete with its much larger opponents in the Ballarat Football League, Daylesford made the switch to the Central Highlands Football League in 2006 and became the Bulldogs and have not looked back. The Bulldogs have played in several finals series, with a preliminary final defeat in 2006, a Premiership in 2007 and Runners up in 2008.
The Club is led by an Executive Committee headed by Carson White (President) / Andrew Cooper (Vice President) / Craig Wade (Secretary) and Julie Walsh (Treasurer). Their commitment to providing their own time on a voluntary basis to ensure that the Club continues to prosper is both valued and appreciated.